Sunday, September 20, 2009

art for art's sake

I've spent the entire evening checking out the art scene on line. I was most heartened to find so many Trini artists on line. I especially liked ARTPUBZ. Here I found Chris Cozier's "Fear....available in stores everywhere" ......boxes labelled with the word fear and installed as tough for sale in a shop or store. can you imagine this extended to racism, corruption,?? What a great way to make a statement. .
I was also intrigued by Adele Todd's performance art........an embroiderer trying to change the crime situation in five days.......the pathos of it......even though the actual embroidered pieces were simple yet beautiful.
There was also another artist who cast shadows on hung sheets. I've always been facinated by the play of shadows on the walls at night but I've never done anything about it.
Finally I paid a visit to Ink Tracks and felt inspired to just relax and enjoy being consistently creative....not worrying about perfection or fulfilling any particular objective.

1 comment:

  1. You captured me perfectly, Michelle! My aim indeed is to be consistently creative and to reject perfectionism. That only paralyzes and blocks movement forward.

    This morning I'm assembling my third blank book. Then I'll go play on the pages.

    ReplyDelete